Saturday, May 7, 2011

A true friend is someone which whom you can spend time, and the silences are never awkward.



Hi, Xinran here



Blogs from last year's students:

1. roxannebottom.blogspot.com

2. gracestarspear.blogspot.com

3. emma121.wordpress.com

Just recording what's happening with media - Emily, Wei Wei and I have decided that because our journals are so different, we'll each create a section of the library specific to our journals - that reflect the characteristics of our journals, and are used for different purposes - and link them together to form one library.





My journal INSIDE uses the techniques of layering semi-transparent panes of different opacities to create an interesting texture with varying depths and light filtering effects. I'd like to use this idea in building my library because it will provide a constantly changing façade depending on the light and viewer's perspective.


My other two journals l'Arca and Urbanistica are both in italian so I'll just have to make do with what I can deduce from the images!





l'Arca seems to have a focus on non-conventional building shapes, specifically with curves and curved architecture. I like the flowing ambience of curved architecture, and the reflective effects it could have (must remember to stay away from reflective concave façades - don't want to burn any poor soul who lingers at the focal point!). I'm not an expert at Second Life construction yet, so I'll probably keep my curved design simple.





Finally, Urbanistica has images of a city map and city lights. I've always loved the bright fluorescent neon lights of a city at night, and who knows what fantastic constructions I can make in Second Life - defying gravity and all!


So yeah that's it for now, will upload screenshots of library asap, and hopefully I can return to my OWN blog soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment